top of page


We offer you pragmatic advice to resolve any disputes about your children, whether financial or practical.



Working out the arrangements for your children after separation is important. It includes all sorts of things such as where they will live, who they will spend time with and who will pay for them. The law focuses on the rights of children to have a meaningful relationship with both their parents provided that relationship is free from harm. Often parents do not want the formality of binding Orders for their children - rather they want to reflect their agreement for ongoing arrangements through a Parenting Plan. Whilst this is not a binding document, it is useful to set out what will happen for your children so that everyone knows where they stand, whilst also being flexible enough to amend it if your circumstances change. We can help by drafting your parenting plan all on a fixed fee basis.




Where you've come to an agreement for your children between yourselves, we can document that arrangement into Consent Orders. This is a formal document that is filed with the Family Court and once issued, becomes a binding document that both parents must comply with. Consent Orders give you more certainty and recourse if they are not followed.  Of course, we do all this work for fixed fee, so you can call us to discuss your agreement you have reached with your former partner or even if you would like our assistance to help you get to that point. Sometimes creative thinking is needed and we're experts in generating solutions that are outside the box



Child support is a complex scheme which client’s usually require the assistance from a lawyer to navigate. Hansons lawyers are experienced in assisting clients understand the process and ensure they are receiving or paying the correct amount.

If you have been assessed for child support and you want to know whether the amount is correct, our lawyers can advise you on:

  • Child Support Assessments and Variations to the Assessments

  • Binding Child Support Agreements

  • Child Support Debts

  • Non-Agency Payments and the effect of Third Party Payments

  • Extension of child support after a child turns 18

If you have a family law matter, contact one of our experienced family law Solicitors and Barristers at (02) 8747 1789 to discuss how we may assist you in achieving a favorable outcome. Republic Lawyers extensively practice in Family Law and regularly appear at  the Family Courts of Australia.

The above information is intended as general information and is not to be relied on as legal advice.

bottom of page